Expressions

Just thoughts of mine...

Thursday, November 03, 2005

President Bush's War on Terror Speech

Here's is the text of the President's speech I went to last Friday. I volunteered and ended up taking tickets and helping the secret service with bag checks…freezing cold and rainy outside that morning…The SS weren’t too friendly (shock surprise) but all the people attending the speech were military so talking to all them for several hours and the line filed in was interesting and fun…I analyzed the various aspects of all branches of the military based on their interaction with me. Navy is still my favorite…and not just for the best uniforms. I did get a couple date-invites from marines but I guess they’re the most starved for female interaction… =)
Anyway, we got really close seats as volunteers and it was interesting to be in that setting--actually hearing the President while sitting down-- since it was just us and thousands of military...totally different audience! I It was a long speech but I thought it was interestingly ideological....  Actually, the spiritual atmosphere in the room was WIERD... I felt like I've felt in several sermons when there is this wall and things are bouncing back...except it wasn't natural because the audience was supporters of the president...but not really HEARING him in that setting. This was the day after Miers withdrew her nomination. I was analyzing why it felt so strange... He talked a lot about radical Islam (interesting...no longer a war on terror, he is now calling it a war on radical Islam)... but really, when I thought about it later, I felt like part of what is going on with the President right now is spiritual... especially right after the Miers nomination. So many Christians dropped their support for him instantly because it was all based on the abortion issue to start with. With him losing that support, I think it has had an impact upon how is being perceived by the American public...why he's not being "heard" in a way-- Hard to explain, but I felt it really strongly... something shifted in the spiritual. Anyway, I can't figure out what all I think right now spiritually about a lot of things going on... Anyway, thought you might want to see the speech. It was completely unique among anything I've heard him say.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/10/20051028-1.html#
It was an interesting experience.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have concudted a rhetorical analysis of your blog page. Considering these two texts:
1. "Just thoughts of mine..."
2. The date of your last post ("Thursday, November 03, 2005")
It's been a while since you thought. You should think more often, It's good for you... kind of like carrots. ;)

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home