Expressions

Just thoughts of mine...

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Thinking again...

Well, it's January now and I thought my thoughts should resume... but not without commenting that the primary reason for my long absence from the blogosphere has been the nagging feeling no one actually reads what I write.. (hint: comment/respond) ;)

I'm in Quantitative Analysis at the moment. My most mathematical class. This professor is very entertaining in a boring sort of way. She is extremely intelligent yet a terrible communicator. Thinks on a higher level than the rest of the world, thus it is hard for her to come down to our level. I have 6 hours of class with her on Thursdays...two different courses. AHH! She makes them both as difficult as possible--at least in theory--and the work load is overwhelming. Of course, when it comes down to it she won't actually expect the full load to be turned in--because that's impossible in one semester--but in the meantime its so frustrating cause I feel like I have to at least try to do everything, meaning I stay overwhelmed all the time. I've got to find a balance. Right now I have 120 pages of reading, a major unstarted research project on stem cell research, and an annotated bibliography on higher education in Latin America all due by midnight Saturday... and none of which are even started...

I intended to get started sooner but today I got nothing done. I'm in hour 5 of class with Dr. McDonald. I lost the early afternoon hours, partly running around trying to find a cure for my splitting sinus headache, and then I realized that I had not done several things I had to do for the COGS (student govnt) even that was at 5pm, so I spent the rest of the pre-class day working on that...running around like crazy...

I started coming down with a cough when I first got back after break, but now it has developed into major sinus stuff and an intense headache that keeps me from actually being able to think...an activity composing a minor part of my life right now. I hope I get over it soon or I'll go get antibiotics. I have NO time to be sick right now!

Oh well. There is never a good time to be sick I guess.

I absolutely LOVE my Christian and Islamic Political Theology class. My professor has an INCREDIBLE brain. He speaks about 8 languages fluently, most of them ancient... he has his PhD in Egyptian Hyroglyphics... (talk about taking a long time to write...try chiseling that one out!) and is an international expert on Coptic, Greek, Hebrew, Latin, German and various other languages...crazy genius. He just randomly speaks various languages throughout lectures. He is a professor of Government, Law, and Divinity and is an incredible philosopher as well. I am just in awe of his intellect. A little jealous, perhaps. I also love his heart. He opened the class, which focuses on Islamic Political Theology, by praying for the salvation of muslims worldwide. I was a little overwhelmed realizing what a privilege it is to be here at such a time as this...

Ok, between my aching head and the mathematical equations accumulating on the board I guess I should stop blogging now...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are your sinuses clogged? If so, you should get a nose spray... those things are so much fun, and they smell minty-fresh!

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home