Expressions

Just thoughts of mine...

Thursday, January 26, 2006

When life isn't much fun...

I'm sitting in class at 12:05pm. Class was supposed to let out at noon. I've been here 3 hours. It's Public Policies...sounds interesting but its not cause its a methodology class. This is torture. Instead of talking about methodology, I can't figure out what we're doing. We had an assignment last week analyzing policy and viewpoints on embryonic stem cell research. Today she had some of the students read they assignments outloud...taking about 2 hours. Monotone rambling reading. We ALL did the same research, so I cannot figure out WHY we needed to listen to some of the students read the same stuff we all read. Then she made them do a panel answering questions on the issue. WHY? I have no idea. The class isn't supposed to be about the issue, its about the method of research...and even if it were about the issue, why would our fellow students that did the same research we did be experts? They are just as limited in knowledge as the rest of us. Torture. Now we are watching Dave Weldon on a video from the Heritage Foundation...talking about the same subject. I still haven't figured out what we're supposed to be learning. This professor is going to get me baker-acted. I still have another 3 hour class with her tonight! And oh JOY...that one will be three hours of listing mathematical equations. Why am I in grad school? I've wondered that a lot this week. I hate both these classes, and the consume the majority of my time. My research for this class is interesting--well, it's for both classes--cause I picked my semester-long topic of higher education in Latin America. But her expectations of us are insane. Impossible. She has this method where she asks too much but then doesn't actually expect it all...but we never know what she expects..so we have to do all of it just for the heck of it. We never understand her assignments anyway... People are slowly leaving class now.... but she hasn't stopped the video. 5 of us remain. Perhaps I'm accumulating bonus points by staying late. I'm starving though so this won't last much longer.

I'm thoroughly sick of school right now and want a break and I'm not even 3 whole weeks into the semester. I'm just complaining now...I'm sure you noticed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get to check out a book from the Texas rare books collection! Maybe this means I'll be a real student....

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that the fun levels of your blog and your life have an inverse relationship.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home